5.25.2019

Minimizing

I started reading Greg McKeown's Essentialism four years ago. The book continues to resonate with me because of it's simple premise of doing fewer things--well. In work or play, leisure or obligation, choosing to have a higher life quality rather than being forced into mass producing yourself or being overextended. Jump forward to less than one year ago, and I really started putting ideas of minimalism into practice when a roommate left and I decided to get a smaller apartment.

I was on a tear...partially because I hate moving and I refuse to work too hard at it anymore. I've moved over 15 times, and I'm finished for life. When future moves happen, they will be easy because I will hire professional movers or I simply won't own anything! That's how much I hate moving. Back to the story. I was determined to get rid of 70% of what I owned. I sold what I could, gave away a lot, donated clothes and items, and trashed the rest. Major changes were just beginning, but I didn't know the extent just yet.


No comments: